Counseling is not about giving advice, but can help you understand difficulties. Your therapist/counsellor can work with you to help you make decisions and changes that may work better for you.
Some of the difficulties that students often face or raise are:
- Problems with anxiety and stress; social anxiety.
- Depression and loneliness
- Adjusting to a new culture and homesickness.
- Problems with family, friends and intimate relationships.
- Sexual problems
- Bereavement and loss
- Study problems, including difficulties with writing, speaking and putting things off (procrastination) and perfectionism.
- Racism and harassment
- Sexual abuse and coping with trauma of sexual harassment.
- Sexual assault
- Feeling suicidal
- Eating disorders
- Addictions, including alcohol, drugs, and gambling.
There may be other problems that you wish to discuss that are not included in this short list. In case, as a student or parent’s if you’re feeling or going through any of the above symptoms, you need to approach psychotherapist or counsellor to help you overcome the challenges.
Ready to Buy this theme? This is call to action area
Joeby is a simple clean and modern PSD template for corporate/agency, business and portfolio sites. All layers are grouped and well organized - so it’s easy to modify.